Soul’s Guide to Dieting and Nutrition

If you have found your way here, you have an interest in losing weight, or just getting a general view on your own nutrition. So, I’m here to help you out with that.

Section I : Not Eating
Section II: Small Portions and Snacks
Section III : Liquid Diets and Metabolism
Section IV: Detoxing
Section V: Supplements
Section VI: Workouts

Section I: Not Eating

There are a lot of myths surrounding this weight loss method, so I’m going to clear this up for you everyone once and for all. Your body has unique ways of reacting to the lack of food. Some people will lose a lot of weight, some people will have gastric build up, some people will get more defined and some will lose muscle mass. All of those things are just a small bit of what might happen to you, but there is one thing that will happen no matter what; you will lose weight.
Not eating removes calories from the equation of losing weight, which in all actuality is the main equation. If you don’t eat, you can’t put on weight. Here is the remedy to making not eating work for you…the right way.
The only way to truly make this method work for you is to replace food with something else, the only thing remaining. Liquid. Now since you sweat during the day, you sweat out the nutrients of the food you eat. If you remove food and replace it with liquid instead you sweat out your main source of nutrients and food, making any calories you take in flow right out once you start sweating.
Eleven days. That magic number is the amount of time you should do this method. You will lose anywhere from 5lbs to about 20lbs. If you work out the right way with this method, you can lose close to 20, maybe even more. Cardio is the best thing to do with this, since you are burning the calories you have taken in with the liquid, and sweating that liquid out, you are compounding your caloric loss as you go.
If you want to lose a lot of weight, you can do a full liquid diet for about 11 days. I have done this myself and had good results. It will take most of the toxins in your body out, almost like a detox period if you drink a lot of green tea. It will force your body to register the calories as food, even though it wont technically count, it just fucks with your brain. The second trick to not getting as hungry in the day is to drink a lot of cold water, it forces your stomach to contract so you dont want as much food and the tea fills you up faster.

After 11 days eat small portions, which wont be difficult at all once you only have liquid in your stomach for 11 days. Small portions of chicken breast and rice with asparagus spears is the best thing here. Eat it in the middle of the day for your only meal, it has a low calorie count and high vitamin count. I have to stress the importance of the only 11 day set up. If you go longer, your body will burn calories too slow and you can start to have stomach problems, because your body will get used to not having anything in your stomach so the food after 11 days will shock your metabolism intrking in a new way.

Once you start eating again, limit your body to fruits to replace the crap you used to eat in the way candies and stuff. The sweetness will replace the sweetness of chocolate and stuff and add nuts to your snack instead of candy, raw almonds are very healthy, and they have a property that takes away your hunger when you eat about 10 of them. Low calories, less hunger between meals.

This method will help you lose weight, almost nrking out needed but if you want to really cut pounds off, you need to do cardio as the faster your heart beats the faster you burn calories, therefore the faster you lose fat and weight.
This is the information from another thread I posted. It contains some more information than what I already have in the guide. Refer to it when you are trying this diet method.

Section II: Small Portions and Snacks
This is the most difficult thing to do when you love food, have smaller portions. I know, you’re eating your favorite food and there is a lot that is available, but you need to exercise another thing here, and it’s not your body, it’s self-control. You need to be able to look at the food and just say no. I know it’s a hard thing to do. When I was in high school, I went up to almost 200lbs from 140. I started an all liquid diet, working out and I went down to 180. I started eating small portions after that diet and I went down to 150. After getting back into a routine with working out and everything, I stabilized at 160 but lost most of my body fat, and that is where I am now.
My total weight loss took roughly 3 months. I lost 50lbs in 2 months, and gained 10lbs of muscle in 1 month without supplement use. It is not hard to lose weight, but since every person is different, every individual body will react differently. However, with smaller portions and self-control, you will be able to lose weight, that is about the only thing that is promised.
Think about this: People don’t eat till they aren’t hungry any more, they eat till they feel full or sick (speaking in general, not specifically) and that is why people gain weight. You take in more calories than you burn, making those calories turn into fat. If you only eat small portions, which if you follow my liquid method, your stomach will shrink and will fill up faster, making it logical to only consume smaller portions since your stomach will fill up with maybe ¼ as much food.
Heavy foods are a good way to moderate your portions. You will naturally feel fuller after eating a high grain food such as bread or spaghetti, even rice is heavy enough to help you feel full. Here are the foods that I recommend to fill up your newly shrunken stomach:
-Rice
-Wheat Bread
-Spaghetti
-Potatoes (baked, not French or fried)

Those foods will naturally fill your stomach up, much more than other foods due to a very slow digestion time. Don’t eat too many together, since the carbs will reset a lot of the work you just did to bring your waist line tumbling. One small serving of this, with baked chicken breast will serve you great. You can add hot sauce or barbeque sauce to it for a small flavor kick without too many calories added to it.

A small, 6oz chicken breast is the main meat I can suggest. Turkey works and beef is the worst possible meat I can suggest unless you are bulking up. High protein, good taste, good food. Moving on. Every ones favorite: snacks. Yay.

Here is the deal with snacks: Apples. Bananas. Melon. Watermelon. Almonds. Hemp seeds.

Yes the last one is really on the menu here. This is the only time someone might tell you to down a small handful of hemp seeds. They pack a huge dose of protein with a minimal caloric level. This snack, if you can get your hands on them (try homeopathic stores) they have very little after taste and great benefits, even up to removing work out pain and fatigue.

Any of the fruits that are listed will do an amazing job at replacing vitamins and minerals that you lose through the day, or especially working out. There are few things in this world better for you than a small self-made fruit salad. Just minus the corn syrup and the fake fruit juice and you have the best snack in the world.
Almonds are the best snack to help you suppress your appetite and give you a feel good food feeling. Forget that nasty greasy feeling that you get after a high sugar snack like chocolate. It makes you feel full, happy and not like a fat greasy bastard. Now if you like to feel like a fat greasy bastard, you are reading the wrong thread, kindly, navigate away.

NEXT SECTION!!

Section III: Liquid Diets and Metabolism

This is risky, and should only be attempted if you are committed to the diet itself and what every part of it entails. Here is everything that the full Liquid Diet will require you to do:

STEPS:
1. Drink only liquids. No protein shakes. No soda.
2. Cardio
3. X-Fit

STEP 1 EXPLANATION:
This is crucial, and is very difficult to stick to. Look in your fridge, I promise you will probably find at least one can/bottle of soda in there. You have to resist temptation to drink any of it. Any soda will reset days, possibly the entire 11 days if you drink it. One can of soda can have anywhere between 180-320 calories, which is a lot for a drink, and is exceeding the amount of calories you should be taking in. Teas, sugar free lemonade, and drink mix packets. I will not lie, I did use drink mix packets to help me through the 11 days, but given the minimal amount of calories you actually take in with this method, you can let it slide.

STEP 2 EXPLANATION:
Cardio is the magic gate key to weight loss. Cardio loosens the fat holding onto your body and obliterates it every mile you run. On average a person will burn roughly 1200 calories for a 5 mile run; 5 mile runs will take roughly 40 minutes if you keep a decent pace. Now the downside is that at the 20 minute mark, your body will burn muscle instead of fat to keep going, so limit your running to 20 minutes. It doesn’t matter how far you go in that time, just that you go for the whole 20 minutes.

STEP 3 EXPLANATION:
X-Fit or Cross-Fit is an extreme workout regimen that involves using your entire body to complete a workout a certain number of times, usually in a certain timeframe. For example, 50 squats, 50 jumping jacks, 50 pull ups, 50 push ups. That is one of the easier workouts, and should only take about 15-20 minutes to finish. If you couple X-Fit with those kinds of workouts and you are on a liquid diet, you will start to notice you have energy, even with no calories present. They workouts prevent muscular atrophy since you are using them, and your body has no option, but to burn fat.

That was my regimen for almost 5 months in Afghanistan. The heat helped a little, but that was previous weight that I lost. After doing this regimen for 2 ½ months, I met my goal of losing 48lbs of fat and putting on 20lbs of muscle.

Why is there workout advice in a diet guide you may be asking? Because working out, especially cardio, increases your metabolism, and X-Fit is cardio and body weight training; you are hitting the catagories of working out that you need to, and you are making your weight loss increase almost exponentially.
Also, the snacks and food detailed in the previous section will help to increase your metabolism. Fruits and nuts will help increase your metabolism and will help if you are past the liquid stage of your diet.

Weight training will keep your metabolism going for roughly 8 hours before you have to do something again. Running 3 ½ - 4 miles will keep your metabolism going for approx. 32 hours. So….yea. Think about the kind of work out you want to do (I still recommend X-Fit).

SECTION IV: Detoxing
Detoxing is not simple, and you will not feel amazing all the time. All you have to do is go roughly 3 weeks without putting the toxins in most nasty food into your body. Green Teas and black and white teas help detoxing. Using green tea is better since it also increases your metabolism. Hey look a section that wasn’t a wall of text.

SECTION V: Supplements
See my guide here:
http://forum.logicalgamers.com/food-...ggestions.html

SECTION VI: Work Outs
See workouts located in my threads below:
http://forum.logicalgamers.com/food-...-part-1-a.html
http://forum.logicalgamers.com/food-...-part-2-a.html
http://forum.logicalgamers.com/food-...-part-iii.html