Okay, as far as fitness goes the most popular way to get into shape, no matter where you are seems to be running. I don't understand why since there are other ways that are more effective and fun, but it is what it is. Basically for my speed running walkthrough, you need a few things:
  • Good pair of running shoes
  • Comfortable socks
  • Weight vest (30-40lbs)
  • Good running spot

Basically the first thing you need to do is get some deep stretching in, and a few warm up exercises, to get your blood flowing and your body stretched out so you don't get hurt.

Perform the following for your stretches:
-Calve stretches
-Quad stretch

Perform the following for your exercises:
-30 jumping jacks
-Max set of pull-ups

Now, start out slow. The weight vest is gonna hurt a lot at first, you might be lucky to get a mile with it on at first, but set goals, start low and aim high. Start at a mile, and work up.

On that first mile, take intervals of sprinting. 20 seconds of running, 10 seconds of sprinting. Once you get to the two mile runs, which might take a while depending on your body weight and type, but once you get there, increase your sprinting bursts to 15 seconds, decrease running to 15 seconds. Once you get to the 3 mile mark and above you should be sprinting for 20 seconds, running for 10. Then do this for as long as it takes for you to be able 4 miles with the vest, I trust should take a while, take off the vest for one of your runs, set it for a 3 mile distance. You will notice the difference either in speed or ease.

Do this for as long as it takes till you can run a 7k run (about 5 miles). Continue until you know you can run no further, which you can always go further.

Remember, working out maybe a mental fight, but you can never be too physically prepared.