In this topic I'll share some of the mods I use and try to explain what they are to the best of my ability.

First of All I'd like to introduce you to the "By far" best minecraft mod I have stumbled apon.

This mod is called the Mo' Creature mod.

This mod is great for the fact that it as the title says, adds more Creatures to your environment. This mod enhances game play experiences by not only adding more Friendly mobs to the world, but Evil ones as well.

A small list of added creatures would be:

- Horses (ride able) [8 different breeds]
- Bores
- Birds
- Bunny's
- Foxes
- Bears
- Lions
- Sharks
- Wraith's (normal and Fire Wraiths)
- Ogres (Normal, Cave, and Fire Ogres)
- Werewolves (Can only be killed with a Golden Sword)

And they are even adding more creatures in. With this mod Creepers aren't the thing that ruins your day anymore, however Ogres take over the position of this, because ogres not only are Twice the mob size of you, they destroy any blocks in its way just to ruin your day (so never hide in your base when you know an ogre is around)

I really recommend taking the time and installing this mod just for the fact that it adds a whole new level to game play with just ride-able/breed-able horses alone

The mod is located here: (its compatible with the current up-to-date version of Minecraft)
[MOD] Mo' Creatures - v2.7 with GUI Api! MC Beta1.2_02 - Minecraft Forums

If you have any outstanding mods or texture packs please share with us. Its great to have some user feed back on how they think these mods are.