me and my boyfriend shopped around for some for awhile. walmart has decent prices. We ended up going to Kay Jewelers and got payment plans we were in the same price range originally but he walked away with a $200 ring from me and I somehow got a $500 badass diamond ring from him (5x the originally price range lol) and Im not even the type of girl to care about the tag I was trying to find the absolute cheapest ring but I'm not complaining. So if u have a down to earth gf she should hopefully just be happy with the thought and not the place it came from or the price tag and i dont think it should matter how long you have been together but how large the connection. We had only been together a month and havnt even been together 5 months and I have already moved across the country to live with him and hes already talking about getting married within the next two months...at the latest...depends on the relationship and the maturity of it really. Ive waisted 3 years on a relationship that went absolutely nowhere but i wish u the best!