It's summer and I've been working on a number of things, none of them related to this. I have a few priorities before I get to Gaia stuff. That's why I've been asking for input. And that's what this thread is about.

So you guys have noticed that the hakr community is basically dead. We have a few sites that are popular right now. LG, ZZ, MP (formerly known as GG), EBU, etc.
There are about half a dozen, I guess. All of these sites have one major thing in common. The Gaia activity is dwindling. I'm not addicted to Gaia. I have 3 interests in mind.
1. Recognition. I can make some money later on if I have a fan base for my work.
2. Fun. It's boring these days.
3. Activity. I'd really love to see a new surge of activity. Wouldn't you guys?

And this brings me to my point. We haven't been bringing in any activity for a long time. Compared to a few years ago, the forums are all dead. This is clearly a result of our greed. The old saying goes "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he will feed himself for the rest of his life." We only followed the first part of this. We refused to give the newbs our fish. They starved. It's our fault.

The question is, what do we do about this?
I know that LG doesn't usually do reasoned response. Don't take this as an insult. It's common. I'm asking you, this time, to actually give me a thoughtful answer. If you were going to bring back the activity to Gaia, how would you do it?