2010 New Years Contest
Because LG lives to please you. No homo.
And a belated happy Christmas and an early merry New Year.

Introduction
2010 is going to be a good year for the site. I'm out of school, and I have plans that will make this site big. Thanks to Sk8er, Chad and myself, we have some money that allows us to host this small contest to usher in a new year. These contests and their prizes will get bigger throughout the year, so stay tuned.

Raffle Ticket Contest
The first contest is going to be a raffle ticket contest. The idea is simple: you purchase tickets, and then for prizes I draw one at random. If your ticket is chosen, you win said prize. Now, we don't have that much cash, so this first contest isn't going to be that big, and because of that I might have to give out some Gaia prizes along the way (hopefully you play).

Contest end date: 11:59 PM GMT 31 January 2010

Prizes
  • 1st prize: $350 Amazon gift card.
  • 2nd prize: $100 Amazon gift card.
  • 3rd prize: $50 Amazon gift card.
The Amazon gift cards will allow you to pretty much buy anything within that price range. I think this is the best way to go about it, as you don't have to send me your personal details and I don't accept liability in the event something goes wrong. If you come first, you should be able to buy goods such as a 360, Kindle, DVDs, etc: anything to your fancy.

In addition, every five days we will give away a Gaia Online item worth around 5-10 million gold.

How to purchase and acquire tickets
To buy tickets, they cost 10,000 gold each and you can buy them through the ticket store. Other methods for acquiring tickets include:
  • Referring - earn 10,000 LGG per referral (enough to purchase one ticket). In addition, for every 5 tickets someone you refer purchases, you get 1. (this will be calculated at the end of the month. Referring is possibly the most effective way to acquire tickets)
    Referral link: here

• Auctions - I will be hosting auctions occasionally that list tickets for sale below the store price.
  • Random events - within the next few days I'll be coding a feature that will grant tickets randomly for posting on the forums.
  • Giveaways - I will randomly be giving away tickets occasionally.
Cheating
We will be coming down heavily on users who attempt to abuse the system to unfairly gain tickets. You have been warned. (involves the obvious: abusing referrals, scamming, spamming for gold, auto posters, etc.)

Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please post them in the discussion thread, and I will address them.

Q: Can staff enter?
A: All but Administrators can enter the contest.

Q: Will ticket prices be lowered?
A: No, they will not.

Q: How do I find my referral link?
A: It can be found at the bottom of the ticket store.

Your admins,
Alex, Shane and Eric.