My mom was given 2 old dell dimension 3000 computers. One had 640MB of ram. The other 512MB of ram I believe.

The one I kept was the one with 640MB of ram.
They both have Intel Celeron CPU's. Built specifically for Windows XP so I slapped Windows XP on both machines.

Computer 1
  • 640MB Ram DDR 1
  • Intel Celeron
  • 80GB HD
  • Dial Up Card
  • 6 USB Ports (4 Back, 2 Front)
  • DVA and PCI
  • Some other big monitor connection
  • Old Mouse and Speaker plug-ins
  • DVD Drive
  • Floppy Drive

Computer 2
  • 512MB Ram DDR 1
  • Intel Celeron
  • 15GB HD
  • 2 DVD Drives
  • 4 USB Ports (4 Back)
  • DVA and PCI
  • Old Mouse and Speaker plug-ins
  • Floppy Drive

I gave my friend Computer 2 because all his computers broke and I only needed one Desktop for my mom. He put a 120GB Hard Drive into it and gave me his 15GB HD, as well as a 20GB HD and another 80GB HD. He also gave me an extra 512MB Ram he had laying around, however I can't include it into the other Desktop considering both ram slots are taken. He also gave me two Wireless Cards to put into the desktops. He got one, and I got the other.

The problem with computer 2 that we fixed was that the graphics card was missing a driver and he could only use 4BIT Colors.

Computer 1 was missing an Ethternet Controller Driver which I just fixed and I am currently installing Updates on.

Insane to think these computers were released in between 1995 and 2000 and yet look how much our technology has advanced in that amount of time.

How was your weekend LG?