Personal thread

To be brief, a couple of months back a night out with the boys turned in to a real nightmare. There was a big all in brawl on the side of the road, and quite a few people got seriously hurt. Since then, I find myself becoming more of a pacifist, both in the literal sense of the word and by extension the way I conduct myself online. Where I once could have lived with acts of scamming and hacking, I now turn away from the mere thought of it (fear not though, for I don't care if anyone else does it, so long as my conscience remains clean).

Which brings me to the topic title. I was eating a large steak last night, and realised that I don't necessarily enjoy it more than I do any other dish. I'm the kind of guy that could easily live of 2 minute noodles and microwave meals - food isn't that big of an issue for me. It got me thinking then, why should animals have to die to put food in my stomach? And with that, Alex the vegetarian was born.

It's my hope that by declaring it (semi) publicly, I stick with it, and was wondering if anybody else wanted to give it a go? :p If not, does anybody have any great Vegetarian dishes I can cook up. I started off with carrot sticks with Vegemite, and a pear for lunch. I'm hoping I can improve on that.